The reasons why you haven't received a confirmation email can be the following:
1. You have typed in the incorrect email address
2. Your confirmation email has been sent to the Spam folder
3. You are using an email from University
4. You are using an antivirus program
5. You are located in China
Below are described the steps you should take in case you think any of the reasons mentioned above are causing the sign up problem.
1. Create a free SciNote account once more with the correct email address.
2. Check your Spam folder if the confirmation email has ended there.
3. University could have a network and internet policies causing issues for SciNote. Could you try to use SciNote on a different internet network, or even on a different computer to see if the issues persist? If this is not the case, try to create SciNote account with an email that doesn't include the university's domain, since confirmation emails sometimes cannot pass through the university’s firewall.
4. Some of the antivirus programs can cause issues with editing and saving the information in SciNote. In order to avoid this problem, add your SciNote domain https://my.scinote.net to the Exception Site List. In case you are using one of the mentioned antivirus programs below, you can follow the link of instructions on how to add SciNote domain to the Exception Site List:
5. Google.com is unfortunately blocked by Chinese Government's firewall (GFW), meaning Chinese users cannot access any google.com/* resources, including the reCAPTCHA verification on our sign-up webpage. You could try to access SciNote using proxy or VPN or contact us to create an account on your behalf.
If any of the workarounds don't work, please let us know with which email address you want to create SciNote account and our development team will create it for you.