While SciNote does not offer integrations with barcode scanners as of now, use of them in combination with SciNote is possible.
Before you start adding the sample codes, you need to do the following:
- Go to Inventories (in the menu bar on the left) and select Sample inventory
- Create a custom column named Barcode – in case of text-based barcodes (e.g. only numbers) select column type Text
- Select the sample you would like to add a barcode to
- Click Edit and navigate to the field where you would like your barcode to appear
- Input the barcode and select Save
You can then print and generate barcodes regardless whether they are in SciNote or not with the third-party software, then input (copy and paste from third-party software) the generated codes to the appropriate sample in SciNote inventory.
If you would like to then print out the sample information with barcodes from SciNote, you can export the data from the Sample inventory.