Before reading this article we suggest you read through the article about Task status here.
SciNote is a 21 CFR Part 11 compliant software that allows you to sign and co-sign the performed tasks. This helps users to perform a typical laboratory workflow like they would with paper laboratory notebooks.
Signing the task in SciNote prevents any further modifications to the task such as adding comments, results, or assigning samples.
To sign a task please follow the steps below:
- Your role needs to be a technician, user, or owner on the project that contains the task you would like to e-sign
- Navigate to the chosen task
- You must first move the task to the Completed status ( to learn more about the status please read this article)
- Click the In Review button to move the task into the next status
- In the new window, you will have to confirm you would like to move the task into the review and lock it. This will disable the editing of the task.
- To finish the task you will have to move it to the last status - Done. To do this you would have to click on the Sign task button as seen in the image below.
- After you will be prompted to write down your credentials and an optional comment.