SciNote is a 21 CFR Part 11 compliant software that allows you to sign and co-sign the performed tasks. This helps users to perform a typical laboratory workflow like they would with paper laboratory notebooks.
Signing the task in SciNote means locking the task. This prevents any further modifications to the task such as adding comments, results, or assigning samples.
To sign a task:
- Your role needs to be a technician, user or owner on the project that contains the task you would like to e-sign
- Navigate to the chosen task
- Click the Lock task button
- A new window will prompt you to input your user credentials and optionally write the reason for locking in the Comment field
- After clicking Sign and lock task the task will be signed and locked.