Before reading this article we suggest you read through the article about Task status here.
Revoking of the signatures will allow a task to be moved from In review status to Completed status. Moving a task from In review to Completed status will automatically unlock it and enable editing.
A signature can be revoked by a user with a higher project role than the user who signed the task or another owner. For example, if a task was signed by a Technician only a User or Owner will be able to revoke the signature.
To revoke the signature, follow these steps:
- Make sure you are added to the project that contains the selected task
- Navigate to the chosen signed task
- If the task is in Done status, it needs to be moved to In-review status first (to learn more about the status please read this article)
- Click the Revoke signatures button (this will only be a possibility for a higher user role or another owner)
- Fill in your user credentials; optionally, you can leave a comment and/or tag other members.
- Select the Revoke signatures button. This will revoke all signatures at once.
- The task will be unlocked if it is moved from In review to Completed.
To learn more about electronic signatures and other 21 CFR Part 11 requirements in SciNote watch our video tutorial.